Monday, September 8, 2008

Progress

My war against the weeds appears to be leaning in my favor....I've only got one more section of the yard to combat.  Here's the pile now, a few days later.....





.........and what's left to do.



Also, looks like I might actually get some tangellos this
 year!!  This would be the first year it has actually produced fruit.  






And, I think it is time to start planning my fall garden.  Time to call the garden experts I know (my mom and MIL) to figure out what I can plant!  I want to make sure I don't miss the window of planting opportunity.

2 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I was looking through your post and one of the pictures you put up and was wondering what it was. Well, it looks like a dirt dabbers(however you spell it) nest. We have them everywhere here. They don't sting.

Sonja said...

Your tangelos long wonderful and right on schedule. They should be perfect sometime between Christmas and the end of January.

I forgot to post about the "nest." I agree with 2 lmz farms post: the only difference is that I have heard them called mud dabbers or mud dobbers -- as in a "dob" of mud to make a nest. That would make sense now that you have been getting some rain.